Monday 8 August 2011

Cows, Chickens and All Things Country.

Less than one month to go until party number 2, 'A Weekend in the Country' and I have a lot to do:

Finalise the guest list and complete the invitations,
Collect some more wicker picnic baskets,
Make a LARGE paper machie cow (unless anyone has a real one I can borrow...? Sheep....? Goat....? Pig...?)
Collect some children to come to the party, or maybe I could just invite them.
Purchase the CD's and vintage glassware, enamelware and china.
Buy a new cake stand to replace the one that I broke in the carpark of Big W after a long day at work.
Beg and Borrow wooden trays from family
And buy shares in a balloon company before I buy the required amount of balloons required for this party, which is probably enough to make a small child airborne.

HOWEVER;
I do have the tables and chairs needed, except the armchair,
I am very happy that Target and Big W has awesome girly gumboots that I hope people will purchase to get into the swing of the par-tay
AND, being a teacher, I have more than one blackboard.


In addition to this, I am really looking forward to cooking
- Blood orange, radicchio and frisee salad with orange blossom dressing
- Pork sausage buns with red plum relish
- Picnic bread with cheddar baby figs
- Macadamia and lemon fried chicken
- Roasted potato salad with preserved lemon and fresh herbs
- Iced chocolate cookies
- Marble cakes
- Jam tart with berries
- Fresh Lemonade with blackberries

Therefore I had best get everything else into order so I can get into baking! (and look up an anti-rain dance that works only on the 4th of September. I'm sure Wikkipedia with have one...

No comments:

Post a Comment