Monday 10 October 2011

Back in Blog(ing)

Ah, woe is me, I again have lapsed into the land of being a bad blogger...but don't despair blogettes, I am back in Blogging!

So there is a lot to fill you in on, but I will start with what gave me the renewed intent to continue my blog - an article in the latest Marie Claire Magazine that illustrated how women have made MILLIONS of dollars around the world from writing their own online Blogs. I don't need millions, but you know, 500 thou wont be a bad deal...Anyway I digress.

So the last time I wrote a post I was still planning to have the 'Weekend in the Country' party on the 1st weekend in spring on my parents property in York. That was however supposed to have been over 1 month ago, and no, I have not had the party. There have been a couple of reasons for this. One is animals, two is grass and three is bunt tins. It would appear that bunt tins are out of fashion in Perth, and for weeks I couldn't find one anywhere, new, used, to buy or borrow. Luckily however, when shopping for baking supplies for a baby shower I baked for, I found a mini-bunt tin (as required to cook the marble cakes in the book) and despite the large price, added it to my collection (and it is a collection) of bakeware. The next day I went around to my mothers house and sitting in her shopping bag was not one but two different types of bunt tins and this was the phrase that accompanied my astonishment that she found one "oh you can get them everywhere..." Obviously not the everywhere I went.

The other two problems, grass and animals have been just as difficult and time consuming to solve, but I think I am well on the way to having them fixed. Ok - animals, I was having a lot of trouble finding a travelling farm to supply me with some animals to come to my party, but last week when I was at the Perth Royal Show, I meet a man whose travelling farm is based in York. All I have to do now is email him and find out his availability so I can set (in concrete) a date around when the guests of honour are available baa lambs, moo cows, horsie neigh neighs...

The last problem is grass. Because the first date I had set in September had to be postponed because it was the same weekend as Fathers Day, the party was re-scheduled, then re-scheduled and now here we are on the 10th of October and well into grass growing season in the country (it can grow taller than the average 6 year old). My Dad is required by council law to get it mowed before the start of summer, and bushfire season. Therefore as soon as the grass is mowed and the cows, pigs and sheep are gathered (not the ones we are easting, they will be cooked first ;-) ) The party will be all systems go!

Watch this space...

Now onto how a faulty GPS made me a very happy person. One day, while travelling to somewhere I had never been before I turned on the GPS, entered in the address and set off. I travelled in the direction that I was supposed to travel in and drove up and down, up and down the stretch of road that the GPS promised the shop I was looking for. After around 10mins going up and down a 200m stretch of Albany Hwy I decided that no, a large Bunnings Warehouse had not been swallowed by the Hungry Jack's in its supposed place, but that in fact I was the one in the wrong place. Just giving up and ready to make my umpteenth u-turn something caught the corner of my eye (music from heaven please) and there they were, two beauties just sitting there on the pavement, the colour, the shape, the look, they were exquisite. The most two beautiful peacock chairs sitting outside a Good Sammy's store. Well I think I may have broken a land speed record getting over there, but 10 minutes and $85 dollars later I had two more peacock chairs in the back of my car, making me the proud owner of 3 peacock chairs out of the 8 needed for my finale party. Yipee! p.s. I did get to Bunnings after calling my boyfriend while he was at work and he googled it and put on a GPS voice and directed me over the phone.

The only other thing I am seriously looking for now is a roof. Not any roof -  a nice flat roof with a pretty city scape surrounding it in order to have another one of the parties I would like to host soon. So, keep your eyes peeled peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment